Monday, December 24, 2012

Half Baked Christmas


I tried to get the house in a Christmasy spirit and all that happened was some half-ass as-quick-as-I-could bad light jobs. A lame project here and there that just needs more time and attention. My Christmas cards were dark and someones chin was partially chopped off. But they got out damn it!
More than once Rich has said, "that's embarrassing". I don't have it in me to care. Maybe next year. Maybe never.

Everything I can get done in a weekend occurs in the 2 hour window when Stella takes a nap. (If Sam is napping too.) This includes showering and maybe brushing my fangs.

The most tiring part about motherhood I've found is the 10 levels of multitasking and mental planning going on and on in my head. Doing everything interrupted is not good for concentration.

When can there be just one thought.
One task.
And the time to do it?

I got a project done yesterday that had been on my mind for several months. I've been waffling around about what to put above the buffet in the dining room and after accumulating a decent collection of plates to use they were hung. Rich helped with the arrangement and wall anchor technique. I have lamps on order so I'll attach a picture when it's "more done" as all the way done may be a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment