Monday, November 26, 2012

Home Sweet Nebraska


Growing up in Nebraska is all I know. As a youth I found films and television shows skipping over middle America. They seemed to jump from one coast to the other. The lack of exposure of my state & landscape was upsetting. Why couldn't E.T. have landed in Nebraska?
Let's cut to a scene that includes the Platte River where 500,000 Sandhill Cranes migrate through Grand Island. Perfect for a murder.
A Lost Boys type movie in Fontenelle Forrest along the Missouri River. Where someone runs away from home or escapes the bad guys by wading over to Iowa.
Or a highway-chase movie going through the Sandhills and roaring past Chimney Rock.
How about a family trying to keep the rodeo life going. Brad Pitt lead bull rider!
I long for some vistas of grassland and small towns in my films. I'm tired of big lights and dry dessert landscapes.

Cue the tumbleweeds!    http://www.visitnebraska.com/component/myplanner/intro

No comments:

Post a Comment