Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Letting Go Of Cool

I have long since given up on the hunt of good independent films and reading all about them. I no longer thrill on finding secret foodie spots in D.C. My trendy clothes shopping is on the back burner. My dance moves are stuck in the 90's.

In spite of these tragedies this has also given me new perspective. It gives me the chance to see myself without all of the frills and love me undone. And in turn I look at others with a more gentle gaze. The way that I in my current state would like to be seen.

I play a game that I'm looking for others who can see in this way. When we meet we will know telepathically. No need for words just a cool mental handshake.
Photo from William Sun

1 comment:

  1. I know, I know ... felt this at a Weezer concert last night. Like, I could never catch up on being "cool" as if it's episodes from a t.v. series. Gotta love the sometimes unadorned but always evolving me, even if she has jowls, no space between her thighs when she wears jeans, wears fascinators to weddings and needs to be in bed by 10 pm. That bitch is cool, too.

    ReplyDelete