Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Stolen Meatballs

Mountain Man has been working 3 weekends in a row so I have not been very adventurous lately. Thanksgiving we go to a pot luck with 25-35 people. Alas, someone signed up for my meatball appetiser. I thought Swedish meatballs were my thing.  
I have brought them for a few years now.
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/78/Grape_Jelly_Meatballs44065.shtml
So I am left flailing a bit to come up with a substitute. 
Friday night I did a test run on Warm Fennel and Parmesan Dip by good old Martha. Because she's usually a bit complicated I did a dry run and ended up eating 80% myself which went LOVELY with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. I had only used one fennel not the three as it calls for. It was pretty good so I shall bring it to the feast.
http://www.marthastewart.com/346112/warm-fennel-and-parmesan-dip   

On Thanksgiving eve we get together for prep time and festivities. I set the tables & decorate them. This year I will try and be a little more natural. I work with the props I am supplied and bring a few of my own. Here is a hint of what I'm thinking this year.

 If I had a staff I'd have them comb the fields for more cat tails and pretty grass.
More pictures to come after the decor is finished but in the mean time. Enjoy yourselves this Thanksgiving. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment