Monday, March 25, 2013

The Dark Side Of Us

I read this article yesterday;
10 Things I Learned When I Stopped Yelling at My Kids and I really have been wondering about our dark sides and how they effect our families and significant others.

I have been on the giving and receiving end of bad behavior. Over the years I've heard many friend's stories about such topics of fighting, drinking, hitting, eating, depression, cheating, spending etc. Let's face it, no matter who you are you either have a secret dark side or have been lucky enough to conquer one. I have tackled several myself and am about half way done.

In theory I think this "stopping for a year" is something everyone could consider applying to their own dark side. At the end of the day the bad behavior is a substitution for something we are missing and if we stop the behavior long enough we'll be forced to figure out what it is we really need. The world would be a whole lot lovlier, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment