Monday, April 15, 2013

Enough

An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching. Mahatma Gandhi 
 
My friend texted me the other day news about an x-friend. It was good news. Luckily, I was in the car and I was having difficulty completing my thoughts and a text while driving. The delay kept me from saying something snarky and sarcastic which were the first thoughts to come to mind. I didn't want that energy out there. I kind of broke down why I would say that. Do I think I'm better? Am I jealous or hurt? More deserving of good things? Do I wish them a life of mediocrity? No, I love my x-friend. When I feel like that I remind myself there is enough. So I texted back something positive and drama free.

The idea that there is enough health, wealth and happiness for everyone makes sense. There is not a finite quantity of good. Someone elses success does not prevent mine! The negative feelings are my responsibility and have nothing to do with the other person. That's my work.
Fear of lack is that root emotion for times when we have to compete to survive. I let it float in and then out of my thoughts.
Luckily I don't need that now. All I need is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment